Basic Education is the need of life but if you are an adult and adulting has been hitting you hard, then it is probably because of the Education you didn’t receive in school. Not just you, none of us did and how often we wish our school should have taught them. Only if we knew that the history could be found from Wikipedia and only if we could learn some life-enriching subjects to pass exams, life would have been better; at least not evil. A school plays a significant role in shaping a child as a human, but don’t you think that as important as mathematics and other academic education is for a job; it is equally important to know how to live a happy life or at least a better one than being in a rat race. Also, now you can anytime apply the hotozcoupons.com.au to find incredible deals on School Stationers.
We asked so many people and surveyed so many of them of what according to them was missing to be a part of the Education system and should be incorporated in every school. Here are a few answers we could agree no less: –
- Budgeting: Yes, this is something everybody needs to learn right from their school and not wait for universities to teach them a budget that the students are never going to prepare for themselves. It is important to learn to keep track of your expenses whether big or small and spend according to the budget. Because school students are usually given pocket money, and they have a wishlist too, it can be candy or PlayStation or a cycle. So, by teaching them this one shapes them to handle finances when they have their own money and real savings to make.
- Logical Reasoning: No, logic doesn’t come to people who are very good with numbers; that is an absolute lie. Every school should teach their students to know their gut and trust their senses when making a decision. This makes the student vigilant enough to not make dumb decisions in life especially when life has been rewarding lemons. Incorporating logical reasoning from a tender age makes their brain sharp, and they also build some self-confidence.
- Scepticism: This Education trait actually helps a student in becoming both logical and thoughtful. We often have read quotes like, “You are your best judge.” which is true because we shouldn’t give others the right to judge ourselves. Instead we should be thoughtful about ourselves like be our own teacher, own critic and of course self-love. For example, life is an uncertain journey and nobody including you know what is going to happen next. So, you have to believe in self growth and ideas of communication, new ideas etc. This makes the student humble and keeps them grounded. Also, helps them overcome from the biases and judgement coming from other people.
- Sexual Values: Teaching Sexual Values in school should be one mandatory subject because the youth needs to learn that and from the right place, not from the internet or through videos. A school has the moral education to teach students to be kind, considerate and have ethics but it doesn’t teach the process to raise a kid, which is damn important. It doesn’t prepare students on how to behave with a woman or a man. If this were subject in school, then we could easily get over rape culture and sexual behaviour issues persisting in the world.
- Mental Health:This one is the second important subject after Sexual Values that every school must teach. Because this generation is more towards depression, sadism, anxiety disorders and what not. Only if the schools could tell how to cope up with the stress, how not to be too sensitive and how to maintain a relationship then we would see lesser divorce or suicides. Communication should be taught in school and how both teachers and parents should be all ears to their students/children without judging them.
Most importantly, Schools should know that generation after generation people are changing, growing and developing so, they are not just supposed to follow a syllabus or learn what their forefathers have learnt.
With time, everybody should change after all Change is what makes us cope with life and be happy. Learn is a small word with a tremendous prospect and only a School has the chance to use it in the right context for a meaningful life because it is a School that every parent trusts for their child to shape him or her as a human.